The operations of Hopewell Children's Homes are funded through subsidies from the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children's and Youth Services, as well fees for service, donations and fundraising.
We would not be able to run our programs without donations and fundraising support in addition to government funding. Over our history, much of that support has been spontaneous, the remaining came in through fundraising activities, with the help of parents, board members and staff.
Hopewell now offers a number of ways that you can contribute to our ongoing stability. And because Hopewell is a registered charity, all donations are eligible for a full tax receipt.
Hopewell Heroes is an annual giving program. Our true heroes are the children and adults that we support, as well as the staff which does the hands on care.
You too can become a Hopewell Hero by donating a minimum $500 per year. Your donation can be a one-time gift or spread out over the year. You will be recognized in our newsletter, website and at our Hopewell Heroes BBQ.
Hopewell is pleased to accept donations in honour of loved ones and friends. Please contact our Executive Director at (519) 836-9641 x224 to discuss this option.
Our Bowl-a-thon is a time honoured tradition, raising spirits and funds at Hopewell. The next Bowl-a-thon is scheduled for Fall 2017.
A planned gift will leave a lasting legacy that will allow Hopewell to continue to support the most vulnerable people in our society.
How to donate:
- We accept cash and cheques payable to Hopewell Children's Homes. For assistance or further information, please call 519-836-9641 ext. 221.
- On-line through Canada Helps. Click on the Donate Now link below and follow the instructions.
- Donations of shares, stocks and similar are also welcome. This type of donation can also be channelled through the Guelph Community Foundation. Please contact the Executive Director who can refer you to the appropriate agency.
- Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $10.00 or more.
- Information on Hopewell's Charity Status may be viewed here.