Hopewell is a not-for-profit registered charity established by John and Joanna Oosterhuis in 1983 out of their home in Ariss, Ontario. The Oosterhuis family began with offering a residential option for families who could no longer care for their children with high medical needs but wanted their children to grow up in a caring and home like setting.
Hopewell’s commitment to offering high quality personal care resulted in the development of many new programs and supports over the last 30 year to children and youth with other developmental needs.
Today Hopewell is primarily funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Child and Youth Services to cover the basic costs of living and support staff.
A community where all people can reach their full potential in supportive and caring environments.
It is therefore our Mission….
To enrich the lives of individuals with a range of physical and developmental abilities to experience a full life.
Hopewell’s values are the principles and beliefs that guide our relationships with families, clients, the community and other stakeholders, we utilize our values as a means to accomplish our mission in pursuit of our overall vision.
- Transparency – Clear, focused and open communication
- Innovation – Ongoing learning and organizational transformation
- Excellence – A never-ending quest for continuous improvement in all aspects of our work
- Person Centred – Partnering with individuals and families in a caring manner
- Accountability – Quality, professionalism and responsibility in all our endeavours